UNPRETENTIOUS. UNSCRIPTED. UNBELIEVABLE!
"Your performance on Friday night was phenomenal! The music with the marimba, dulcimer, drums and bass is very unique and unexpected for those instruments. The band was also a lot of fun on stage, which made our audience feel comfortable. They really enjoyed themselves."
Peg M. - Stroede Center, Defiance, OH
"Leave your expectations behind. You might have heard the hammered dulcimer before, but you haven't experienced the hammered dulcimer until you've heard it played by Ted Yoder."
Tim Kays - Reporter Northwest Ohio
"In many ways, Ted Yoder is the perfect musician for the 21st century; his passionate playing style and easy-going personality make him a natural online star."
"It’s impossible to imagine that one wooden stringed instrument can sound like an entire rock band or a whole symphony orchestra all in one."
Kristi Wooten - HuffPost
APAP 2022 Showcases
General Program Overview (14m 18s)
Experience virtual, live, and full production with optional string quartet - a quick taste of what Ted Yoder Band offers.
Virtual Program (13m 50s)
Whether it's a livestream or pre-recorded production, Ted Yoder Band is ready to flex for the current needs of virtual audiences without sacrificing quality.
Christmas & Winter Program (14m 23s)
Built around the 2020 album Shadowlight, this winter program can be customized for both before and after the holiday season with virtual and live flexibility.
Genre & Touring Overview
Genre - Progressive Acoustic Rock
- Instrumental (hammered dulcimer, marimba, percussion, fretless bass)
- Cinematic (with option for string quartet)
- Classic rock/pop & folk covers + originals
- Song list options include originals only or originals + covers (vocals on some covers)
- Winter program available with with or without Christmas songs (to remain suitable through spring)
- Based out of Goshen Indiana; open to nationwide opportunities
- Virtual performances available (pre-recorded or livestreamed)
- Touring company includes 4 core band members and 1-2 off-stage staff; additional personnel may include sound engineer and string quartet
- 3 hour load-in & sound check / 1.5 hour strike time
- Normal performance runs 60-90m without intermission; options for multiple sets, intermissions, and shorter sets available
- Minimum stage requirements:
25ft long x 10ft deep (for 4 piece band)
40ft long x 20ft deep (for band + string quartet)
- Community theaters & performing arts centers
- Outdoor concert series (full cover & electricity required)
- Museums, wineries, restaurants with live music focus
- Fine arts & local specialty celebrations
- Private events
- Education programs (general education, libraries, music schools, corporate training)
- Click here for the current concert schedule
Ted Yoder - hammered dulcimer & vocals
Sarah Haag - marimba
Toby Hazlett - fretless & upright bass
Doug Haag - percussion
String quartet members will vary; names may not be available in advance.
Promotional copy, contract template, and rider/venue guide available below to download.